The Open Course, which runs once a year, is for people of any age and background who want to build a safer world – whether in their personal life or their community.
Over 10-weeks we meet in weekly workshops, delivered by different change-makers and experts. The course provides you with the skills and tools to meet and transform whatever conflict or crisis you’re facing. You will receive video and notes of inspiration every week and exclusive access to the latest version of the Mighty Heart workbook. On graduation, you’re invited to join our community of change-makers and apply for the facilitator training to deliver the Mighty Heart with us.
The next Open Course for individuals will start on 26 April 2022, with workshops every Tuesday from 14:00-16:00 BST (13:00-15:00 GMT).
10 modules over 10 weeks delivered online will offer you:
- The skill of deep listening to transform the conflicts people are facing
- Compassionate communication needed to prevent arguments escalating
- A way to change your inner critic into a wise guide
- The skill to use anger as a fuel for transformation
- The sense of your own strong presence to call on in a crisis
- A way to develop intuition as a wise guide in making decisions
- Enlargement of your capacity to speak truth to power
- The skill to take a stand on an issue you care about and be fully heard
- The integrity to be in service to the world, like Nelson Mandela
All these skills require one thing…the expansion of the heart. Each module is backed by exercises and small group discussions, and participants are provided with a workbook that fully illustrates all the material with stories and space for personal reflection.
Change-makers and experts on heart intelligence from around the world provide you with the real possibility of transformation.
Dr. Scilla Elworthy
Founder, The Mighty Heart and Business Plan for Peace
International NVC Trainer
Founder, Leader as Healer Program
Founder, Aware Girls
Founder, Building Bridges of Peace
CEO, Peace Direct
Testimonials from previous participants on the course
“One of the most powerful transformation and growth processes that I have experienced in community.
The energy field, wisdom and alignment of this program is amazing.”
– Aleka Vial, Journalist and Executive Director and Founder of Fundación Hypatia, Chile
“This course provides, without doubt, a wonderfully rich guided process that is deep, personal, insightful and nurturing. It takes us on a journey with a series of exceptional teachers and peacebuilders who lead us into an exploration that reveals huge possibilities for our personal discovery and development. It was so rich and I would take it again in a heartbeat.”
– Deborah Henderson, Founder/CEO of Centre for Inspired Leadership
“Words cannot express what my time in the Mighty Heart Course has meant to me. The combination of the facilitators, the speakers and the assignments were perfect. The participants connected in a way that surprised me given that the course was online. The sessions were intense and thought-provoking, but everyone was open and willing to share and listen without judgement. This made for a very enriching experience. The course has made me very aware of my place in the world, the role I play and how my words and actions can affect those around me. I can feel the change within me. I also am eternally grateful to have made a connection with some very special people. People that I hope I will remain in touch with for a very long time. I feel privileged to have experienced the Mighty Heart.”
– Priti Sesha, Finance & Operations Director, Oxford Research Group
“Change and transformation are possible! As a practitioner with over 35 years of experience in coaching, training, team development and facilitation of change processes, I see the tremendous value of this thoughtful and thought-through Mighty Heart programme for other individuals, teams and organisations. And I’m more than willing to help make this approach of the Mighty Heart become part of a growing grassroots movement, building more inner and outer peace in this world.”
– Helga Lensch, Facilitator of Group & Team Processes, Organization Developer, Executive Trainer,
Personal Coach, Journalist
Want to join?
Our next Open Course for individuals will run every Tuesday from 26 April 2022 from 14:00-16:00 BST (13:00-15:00 GMT). You can register by following the link below.